What time is it? SUMMER TIME!
Did I leave my last exam singing that song? Yes. Yes I did.
For those in education I am guessing that you are all on your summer break now. I have been on mine since the middle of June and I don’t start college again until September sometime which means I still have quite a while left.
For some people, the summer is a chance to relax and party and hang out with friends. That is my plan but my plan is to also work quite a bit so that I can actually afford to go out clubbing and saving up for university. But I also want to spend this time off productively by doing things that I haven’t been able to do because I was busy at college, such a blogging, or taking the opportunity to try new things.
I highly encourage you all to go out and do stuff that will benefit you in the future, such as looking more into the career path that you want to do. This may not apply to you but it does to me because I want to go into fashion and therefore I am doing some online courses and going to visit loads of exhibitions and indulge myself in the world of fashion. Just because school/college has ended, it doesn’t mean that you should stop learning because knowledge is so valuable and important.
Every year I create I bucketlist of 50 things that I personally want to complete before starting the new academic year. I am yet to complete one fully but I do it because it gives me things to do when I don’t know what to do, I can just consult the list and see what I haven’t ticked off. There’s so much I want to do so by having it written down in a nice handy list it means I won’t forget it. Instead of sharing exactly what my list with you, I have constructed a list similar to mine of things that you can spend this summer doing if you are stuck for ideas.
Hope you find this useful!
- Read a set amount of books (mine is 15)
- Make something (eg. painting, clothing, YouTube video, a blog)
- Do a photo shoot
- Get a henna tatoo
- Go to a fitness class
- Go to a concert
- Go to a museum
- Go for a picnic with friends
- Get the train to somewhere new
- Learn something new (like going to a class)
- Watch the sunrise and sunset
- Go vegan for a day
- Give out compliments to strangers
- Dance like nobodys watching (basically, go out and get drunk. Obviously only if you are older)
- Look at universitys (if you’re in college then do this now and don’t leave it till the last minute)
- Get a new piercing
- Marathon a film series
- Binge watch a TV series
- Get a tan (safely, always wear suncream)
- Create a summer playlist
- Try a new recipe
- Go 24 hours without technology
- Make a movie bucketlist
- Go on a hike
- Pull an all nighter
- Learn a instrument
- Go rollerskating or skateboarding
- Got to a music festival
- Start a plant collection
- Start a sport
- Write a story
- Redecorate your room
- Start yoga
- Swim in the sea
- Face a fear/ step out of your comfort zone
- Start a scrapbook
- Take a photo or a selfie everyday
- Build a blanket fort (I’m still a child at heart so would totally do this…)
- Go on a shopping/charity shop spree
- Start a gratitude journal
- Try something new
- Meet someone new
- Declutter your room
- Have a BBQ
- Eat a tub of ice cream (I will definitely be doing this)
- Order a takeaway
- Say yes to everything for a day
- Stop caring what people think
- Change your appearance (eg. dye your hair)
- Spend time with the people that you love
- Try and get outside everyday
Obviously some of these cost money and some don’t. We live in a world controlled by money but don’t let that stop you having fun, there’s so much that you can do for free out there!
Let me know which of these you would want to do this summer?
What is on your summer bucketlist?